Listed below are job opportunities announced by our members. Feel free to contact them directly.
Organization: American Communities Trust
Job Title: Community Development Specialist
Full details here
Organization: Southern Maryland Tri-County Community Action Committee
Job Title: Housing and Community Development Director
Full time – 40 Hours per week, $70,000 salary
Find the details on the full job announcement:
Organization: GO Northwest Housing Resource Center
Job Title: Homeownership Specialist
Garwyn Oaks (GO) Northwest Housing Resource Center
Full Time position: 40 Hours per week; some weekend and evening work is required
Mission Statement: Ensuring strong, healthy communities by equipping residents to obtain, maintain and retain their homes successfully.
GO Northwest Housing Resource Center, a community based nonprofit organization is looking to grow and enhance its Homeownership Program by adding a Homeownership Specialist to our team. The Specialist’s responsibilities would include providing pre- and post-purchase education, one-on-one counseling, technical assistance, and financial fitness education/coaching to equip individuals to purchase, maintain and/or retain their homes successfully. The Homeownership Specialist will collect and retain client and homeownership related data, produce written reports, make presentations, and maintain working relationships with homeownership related professionals and organizations to provide quality service to our clients and fulfill the Center’s mission of assisting clients in obtaining, retaining, and maintaining their homes and related goals.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Conduct and facilitate homeownership education workshops
- Provide one-on-one pre-purchase counseling and access to programs and resources to assist individuals in obtaining a home, including providing clients information, guidance, and resources on the home buying process , mortgage and settlement/closing programs and appropriate vendors to ensure mortgage readiness
- Provide client intake services; collect/ review/ analyze required client information and financial documents
- Work with clients to produce action plans, budgets and process to achieve acceptable outcomes with client and servicers
- Conduct homeownership counseling for special homeownership programs, i.e., the Healthy Neighborhoods Initiative mortgage loan programs.
- Provide one-on-one counseling to mortgage delinquency clients including providing information and technical assistance on foreclosure prevention programs, foreclosure process, creating action plans, and working with lenders and clients to achieve best possible outcomes.
- Provide financial management and home maintenance education.
- Maintains schedule of appointments for counseling sessions including regular customer follow-up and contact to ensure client is working toward his/her identified goals and progress reporting.
- Collect, input, track and maintain client and homeownership data/information in written and electronic records and files, utilizing housing client management systems.
- Ensure that all individual counseling files, both hard copy and electronic, are kept to HUD standards.
- Prepare written reports and documentation on work production, status, client progress and other assigned tasks for the Center.
- Implements proper procedures and internal controls necessary to maintain the security of all systems and confidentiality of all records.
- Support, embrace and implement GO Northwest counseling program procedures and protocols.
- Maintain effective relationships with lenders, realtors, housing related agencies and other professionals to assist clients and Center achieve their respective goals.
- Participate in events and activities that promote the Center’s homeownership programs and target communities
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Demonstrated work experience in conducting homeownership, credit, and/or financial literacy counseling and education; mortgage lending, real estate
- Working knowledge of first time homebuyer and closing costs programs, mortgage loan processes, and products; foreclosure prevention counseling procedures, programs and resources
- Ability to analyze and explain effectively homeownership and financial processes, programs, and documents;
- Ability to make informed, documented recommendations to clients to achieve their goals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills:
- demonstrated ability to develop and conduct presentations; facilitate workshops
- effectively interpret and communicate program information, requirements, procedures and processes to all audiences
- ability to prepare well written reports, articles and other documents; create and maintain clear, detailed records
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel , PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability/use of client management systems e., Housing Counselor Online; Rx Premium a plus
- Detailed oriented with demonstrated ability to organize, prepare, and present complex material in clear and concise manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work with persons of diverse backgrounds with a positive, professional, optimistic, solutions oriented attitude and work ethic.
- Proven ability to work effectively independently, as a self-starter and as a productive team member
- Ability to maintain and abide by the conflict of interest and confidentiality policies of the program.
- Demonstrated skill in time management and prioritizing work load; able to work with multiple cases effectively
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks with established timelines
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum 2 -3years’ experience in housing counseling, mortgage lending, mortgage processing or underwriting, credit or financial literacy counseling, real estate sales. Possession of homeownership counseling certification a plus ; will consider AA degree with minimum 5 +years’ experience in the above areas
- Working knowledge of copier, e-fax, projection equipment, multiline telephone, and other office equipment
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs., carry and set up equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance, and use of a motor vehicle (independent transportation)
- Some evening and weekend work required as determined by operational needs or assigned.
Compensation: $40,000- $45,000 plus health and leave benefits based on experience
All qualified candidates who are interested in this opportunity, please email cover letter & resume to email@example.com. Or fax to is 410-947-0087. Accepting application until position is filled. No phone calls please.
GO Northwest is an equal opportunity employer. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty fully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The duties and responsibilities of this position are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.